Aurora Glyph Hack Challenge
Aurora not just wants to get rid of glyphs but want to assimilate this universe to be void of diversions, entertainment, and amusement! Being a part of Nemesis, their goals are not completely in favor so we must join together to fight this threat off! Devra in her discussion with agents today suggested that maybe glyphing may help us and this event seems to be aimed to do that!
Agents are being encouraged to hack as much as possible between the events time of August 15th at 5pm UTC and August 26th at 5pm UTC!
Any level of Portal can be glyphed and counted as long as the sequences is successfully completed. Meaning, you have to get every glyph right the first time. Unlike with the translator badge, you can only earn one point counted towards the event with each success glyph hack, meaning it does not matter if you get all 5 glyphs in a lvl 8 sequence right, you will still only earn one point towards the event. Just as if you choose to only hack a lvl 1 sequence correctly, you will again only get one point towards the event. Each portal will allow you to only earn the maximum 5 points on it, one for each sequence level. By sequence level they mean that you can only earn one point on a single level glyph, one point on a double level glyph, and so on and so forth. You will need help to gain all 5 points for each portal. However; if you are not able to successfully complete a sequence on the first try, you will no long be able to earn a point for that glyph sequence on that specific portal.
This is the example Niantic provided on this detail!
- Agent Smith Glyph hacks Portal A and successfully completes the one character Glyph hack sentence. They earn one point.
- Agent Smith upgrades Portal A and successfully completes the two character Glyph hack sentence. They earn another point.
- Agent Smith upgrades Portal A again and does NOT successfully complete the three character Glyph hack sentence. Agent Smith does not earn a point. Glyph hacking Portal A again and successfully completing the three character Glyph hack sentence will NOT earn Agent Smith a point.
- Agent Smith and a friend upgrades Portal A again and successfully completes the four character Glyph hack sentence. They earn another point.
- Agent Smith upgrades Portal A and successfully completes the five character Glyph hack sentence. They earn another point.
- Agent Smith has earned four points out of a maximum of five from Portal A.
By the end of the event, Agents must meet the goal of 36,000,000 combined points in order to stop Aurora. This will be able to be tracked here and will be updated every 12hrs.
Benefits of meeting the goal are of course an in app tiered medal and an increase of approximately 33% in the items obtained by Glyph Hacking from August 28th at 5pm UTC to September 2nd at 5pm UTC. Glyph Hacking will also provide 1.5x the normal AP in that time and there may be a chance in unlocking New Glyphs!!! Failure is not an option here agents! Well it is, but let’s not aim for a reduced output of 33% on glyph hacking.
Medal Tier Goals
- 100 for 1st tier
- 500 for 2nd tier
- 1000 for 3rd tier
There will be a new event metric in the scanners for agents to track their points to see which badge they will get!
Event details and image are Niantics. When the badge and tier information is shared, we will be adding them to the post. Good luck agents!!