Access Points (sometimes referred to as Action Points and commonly called AP) constitute your “score” in Ingress. Various actions will award you AP. Reaching certain AP thresholds is a requirement for leveling up.
The meter at the top of the main scanner screen displays your progress toward your next level; tapping it briefly displays your progress numerically. Your current AP progress is also displayed on your profile, which you can view by tapping your icon at the upper-left of the scanner screen, as shown above. This will also display your lifetime AP. This information is also displayed for other agents when you view their profiles; to do so, long press their agent name and select “View Player Profile.”
AP for Game Actions
|Recharging resonators||10 AP|
|Upgrading another agent’s resonator||65 AP|
|Destroying a resonator||75 AP|
|Hacking an enemy portal||100 AP|
|Deploying a resonator||125 AP|
|Installing a mod||125 AP|
|Destroying a link||187 AP|
|Fully powering a portal (bonus)||250 AP|
|Creating a link||313 AP|
|Deploying a portal boost||500 AP|
|Improved portal photo approved||500 AP|
|Capturing a portal (bonus)||675 AP|
|Destroying a control field||750 AP|
|Portal submission approved||1,000 AP|
|Creating a control field||1,250 AP|
|Recruiting an agent||3,000 AP|
|Redeeming a passcode||varies|
- 24 January 2013: Upgrading resonators and recharging grant AP. (Previously, they did not.)
- 12 February 2013: Installing mods (only shields at the time) no longer grants AP.
- 29 August 2013: AP granted once again for deploying mods.
- 24 September 2013: The AP progress bar appears at the top of the main scanner screen.
- 4 March 2015: AP is awarded for glyph hacking. (Previously, there was no AP reward.)
- 5 November 2018: Ingress Prime is released. No change to the rules that grant AP, but the AP progress bar was moved to a semi-circular meter around the agent’s icon.
- 10 September 2019: AP progress display changes back to a meter at the top of the scanner screen.