Your inventory is where items are stored in your scanner. You can view your inventory by tapping the inventory status display at the lower-left of your scanner screen, or by selecting the Inventory button in the ops menu.
The inventory management screen has separate views for portal keys versus other inventory items. You can switch between these two views using the tabs at the bottom. The number portal keys and other items you have are displayed next to their corresponding tabs, and the total count is shown at the bottom.
The items in your inventory are displayed in a carousel at the top. Below that is a second carousel for the categories of items, showing the number of items in each category. Scrolling one will also scroll the other as needed to keep them in sync. Next to each icon in the category carousel is a number showing how many items you have in that category.
You can tap the “Manage” button below the selected category to see how many of each level or rarity of the items in that category that you have. This screen also lets you bulk recycle items. Tap any card to select all items of that level or rarity; tap it again to deselect them. As you select or deselect items, the total number of selected items will be displayed on the “Recycle” button below, and the amount of XM you would receive from recycling is displayed below the button. This number is normally orange; it turns purple if recharging would bring you close to your reserves capacity and red if it exceeds it. Once you’ve selected the items you want, tap “Recycle” to recycle them, or tap the X button to go back to the inventory screen.
Tap an item in the top carousel to get more information about that item and additional options:
- Select a number of that item (using the “-” and “+” keys) and recycle them.
- Drop one instance of that item.
- For weapons, tap “Fire” to pull up the attack drawer.
- For power cubes, tap “Use” to open the quick cube drawer.
- For capsules, tap “Manage” to load/unload it or rename it.
- For powerups (frackers and beacons), tap “Use” to install it on a portal.
- For media, tap “Open” to view/listen to it.
While you are viewing details of an individual item, you can still navigate the carousel by swiping left and right.
Your keys are displayed in a vertical list of cards. Each card displays a photo of the portal, along with its name, level, distance, number of keys, address, and resonator status. Each resonator is displayed as a meter (green for Enlightened, blue for Resistance), with a dot above any resonator that is fully charged. You can sort the keys by name or distance by using the selector at the bottom-left.
The “Manage” button from the items tab is also present here; this allows you to tap keys to select them, and then bulk recycle them in much the same way that you can with items.
Tap a card to see more details:
- Current level
- Distance to the portal
- A button to like the currently-selected photo
- Current resonator and mod deployment status
- The number of keys you hold
- Buttons to charge the portal, and recycle or drop keys
Your inventory is capped at 2,000 items. In general, this means that any attempt to gain more items while at or over the item cap will fail, but getting more items while below the item cap will succeed, even if it results in going over the item cap. For example, if you have 2,000 items, you cannot hack a portal. If you recycle an item so that you now have 1,999 items, you can hack it, and will get to keep all the items you get, even though it puts you over 2,000.
There are several exceptions to this rule:
- You cannot pick up a capsule that would put you over the item cap, even if you’re currently under it.
- You can always unload key lockers, even if you are at or over the item cap before unloading it.
- You will always get all the items awarded in a field kit, even if you are already at or over the item cap.