IngressFS Agent Requirements
There are a number of conditions that apply to the IngressFS medal and Double AP. There is also a list of FAQ at the bottom of the page.
- Agents must hack the Meeting Point portal within 3 hours following the event start time.
- The Meeting Point Portal and Start time are specified in the official event listing and the the portal will have a triangular Ornament applied to it visible in the scanner.
- Agents can only receive one count towards the badge each month.
- AP is counted from after the first hack in the measurement window until the last hack before the end of the window.
- The measurement window starts 1 hour after the event start time and finishes 3 hours after the event start time (the window is 2 hours long)
- As of June 2019, agents need to earn at least 5,000 AP between the first and last hack inside the 2 hour measurement window to be eligible for the IngressFS badge and bonus AP.
- Also as of June 2019, bonus AP will only apply to the first 500,000 AP earned between the first and last hack inside the measurement window.
- Only for June FS 2019 when the 3x multiplier is applied, this means the maximum bonus achievable is 1 million AP if an agent earns 500,000 AP during the measurement window.
- If an agent attends multiple FS events, the bonus AP will be counted from the event they earned the most AP from.
- To be eligible to receive the AP confirmation email after event have been verified, agents need to enable the email settings in Ingress Prime (This must be done in Prime and not Redacted because there are different configurations attached). If this option is not ticked, you will still receive the AP and Badge but you won’t receive the email to confirm it.
- If you haven’t received the Badge or bonus AP, you’ll need to check:
- If you hacked the Meeting Point portal during the first 3 hours of the event, you should have an IFS Media Item with the month and year on it as confirmation. If you don’t have it, you didn’t hack the right portal in the right time and won’t be able to get the badge or double AP for this month.
- If your event’s results were submitted by the organisers and the group photo was verified.
- If agents have any issues with receiving the Badge or bonus AP two full weeks after the event, they’ll need to contact Niantic Support to resolve it. Issues before April 2019 are still being investigated and won’t need to contact Niantic Support.
- It is not advised to recurse during your event, as AP gained may not be recorded correctly. The NIA is working hard to prevent this from happening but If you are planning to recurse, do so 24hrs before your event.
Special note for FS on June 2019: The bonus AP will be x3 instead of the usual x2 thanks to the global effort to win the Dark XM Threat Challenge
AP Bonuses, Requirements and other criteria can change at any time but we will endeavour to provide as much notice before events when possible. We will update this page when the requirements change.
Q. Why didn’t I get the badge but everyone else did?
A. If you hacked the Meeting Point portal during the first 3 hours of the event, you should have an IFS Media Item with the month and year on it as confirmation. If you didn’t get it, you didn’t hack the right portal in the right time and won’t be able to get the badge or double AP for this month.
Q. I did hack the right portal at the right time and I got the media item but still don’t have the badge?
A. Wait until the end of the week of the badge going out (two weeks after FS). If you still don’t have it, contact Niantic Support
Q. How is my AP measured?
A. Your AP is calculated on the AP you gain between your first and last hack in the 2 hour window. The AP measured will be added as a bonus.
Q. When is the measurement window?
A. The measurement window starts 1 hour after the event start time and finishes 3 hours after the event start time (the window is 2 hours long)
Q. Does the first and last hacks have to be the meeting portal?
A. No. You can hack any portal after the start and before the end of the measurement window.
Q. When is the 5,000 minimum AP measured?
A. During the measurement window.
Q. Why is there a Maximum Bonus AP?
A. To encourage participants to socialise a bit more during the events. You can still go hard on AP earned to get to the top for your event but it’s also nice to take the time and help out a newbie agent.
Q. How is the Bonus AP capped?
A. If you earn less than 500,000 AP during the measurement window, the bonus AP will apply to 100% of the AP you earned. If you earn more than 500,000 AP, the bonus will only apply to the 500,000 AP (e.g. for the regular 2x bonus, you will get a maximum of 500,000 AP added, for a special 3x AP bonus, you will get 1 million AP extra)
Q. When do I get my badge/bonus AP?
A. After the events have been verified, up to two weeks after the FS event.
Q. Can I get bonus AP from multiple FS events on the same day?
A. No. The bonus AP will be counted from the event you earned the most AP at.