Pokémon GO APK Teardown [0.67.1]
Hey everyone and welcome back to another Pokémon GO teardown. Like previously we are going to look into some of the changes, including the large rework of the Gyms with version 0.67.1.
As you can see we are getting some items from the Pokemon ecosystem.
- Golden Razz Berry
- Golden Razz Berries will greatly increase your chances of catching a Pokémon you encounter in the wild and can also be given to a Pokémon assigned to a Gym to fully recover its motivation meter
- Rare Candy
- A Rare Candy is a mysterious candy that, when used on a Pokémon, turns into that Pokémon’s Candy
- Technical Machines (TM)
- Technical Machines are items you can use to permanently teach a Pokémon a new Fast Attack or Charged Attack.
- Raid Pass
- Before you can battle the Raid Boss, you’ll need a Raid Pass. You can get one free Raid Pass per day by visiting a Gym, but you can only hold one at a time. You can also get Premium Raid Passes from the in-game shop.
- Premier Ball
- If you successfully defeat the Raid Boss within the five-minute time limit, you’ll have the chance to catch an extra powerful Pokémon of your own! (Using this Poke ball)
We can see from the recently added badges
Before a Raid Battle begins, a large Egg will appear atop the Gym. When the countdown above the Egg reaches zero, the Raid Boss will be revealed.
These must be the eggs found at the raids. These will correlate to the difficulty of the raid boss you encounter.
We can tell from additional images that the store may update to include two bundles
- Max Revive (6)
- Max Potion (10)
This is probably and obviously in response to the new Gym Raid feature.
The Raid Battle feature will then be rolled out slowly over the next few weeks, starting as a beta, with raids visible only to a subset of players at certain Gym locations.
This was the quote from the release article, with the interesting point that only certain Gym’s would be enabled for it. So imagine our surprise when we find 1,001 portal images and GUIDs in the application. This seems to be the hardcoded list of locations. We examined a random set of the images and spread them around. Sure enough people in our vast community of Ingress agents recognized the images. For example, we discovered this image in the application:
Which someone recognized in Singapore, as this portal: https://www.ingress.com/intel?ll=1.371136,103.750936&pll=1.371136,103.750936.
Looking on GymHuntr, we are able to see that this is also a Pokémon GO Gym.
We can only assume this list of 1,001 images are the portals/gyms to be used for beta testing Raid Battle locations. We’ve created a map of these locations, let us know in the comments if one of these locations near you is actually a gym! There was nothing in the APK indicating this list is related to Raid Battles or Gyms, time will tell what these locations will be actually used for.
Inside these badge outlines will be the image icon of the Gym, much like the image shown above. From badge data, it seems these will be point related.
With stat categories that may be recorded for the additional badges, gym badges or just additional stats.
Most things have already been mentioned about these on official avenues, so we will just do a string dump of Raid related information.
With Raid levels being (1-5)
Most of this knowledge is known, but the level requirement and ability to retreat I don’t think was covered yet.
Holy cow! This is the Pokémon I’m sure many thought was going to launch 1 year ago. I’m guessing parks will be a bit more popular as this feature is slowly released. Lots has changed and we are bound to miss something. We have lots of guides/pages/dexes to update with this additional info and tweaks. We will see you guys with the next one.