What went down in the world of Stella V this week – February 8 – 14, 2015
(skip to the tl;dr 30 second rundown at the end of this post for a quick review)
Stella starts the week out tough, literally, as her first video features her in her gi working out with a heavy bag and issuing a formal statement against anyone coming after her (and cue the song, “Kung Fu Fighting”). She’s set up cameras and other little goodies for anyone breaking in (and for this week’s ‘voice’, I feature Data from the movie “Goonies” proclaiming, “Stella set up Booty Traps”… PS Goonies never say die!). The challenge solve leads to a Minoan knife (again there is a proper weapon term for it, I am going with knife), which has runes/symbols on it. And Stella ends the day with a little ditty about shadows (cue “Me and My Shadow” song). Or can we say, Stella gunna be doin’ some shadow-boxing (ok, yeah, maybe we better not say that).
And it seems someone did not get Stella’s message from Monday as she has a surprise guest, Greg Jordan. Be still my beating heart, the person sending all these funky-dunky videos that have bothered my nightmares for almost a year has a face! It seems Greg Jordan was impolite and stumbled into Stella’s little home. So now, she’s trying to beat some sense into him, out of him, erm, well, he’s tied up in Stella’s house (no this is not a preview for the movie, “50 Shades of Grey” you all have bad thoughts in your heads). The challenge reward is a note Stella found in Greg’s pockets, more of those strange glyphs.
“Fight Club” reference alert, “Fight Club” reference alert! For those of you not familiar with the movie, one of the rules of Fight Club is no one talks about Fight Club, which is what Stella is alluding to in trying to figure out why there seems to be this set of subtle, hidden references to a type of combat, but no major references. She ends her post with a mention of a fancy mental condition about seeing things not there and then forever plants the number 19 in our heads… thanks a lot Stella. The challenge solve is a neat little document called “Unknown Stateless Subject Profile”. It is a form detailing an unknown person with lots and lots of aliases including one we have seen before, Nori. We also see in the bulleted overview that this person initiated contact with Agent Greg Jordan, then yanked his chain a lot by giving him good and bad tips and finally we see a lot of stuff redacted and investigation into this person closed and Greg Jordan suspended. Sucks to be Greg Jordan.
Stella updates her party video with more details and the meet and greet location; so, who is going? Another document is waiting for those who solve the Thursday challenge; and I have to admit, this one made me use the Alice quote, “Curiouser and Curiouser”. It is a report from the Smithsonian Natural History Museum about an artifact recovered from an archaeological dig. The object is an oblong ovoid with markings, said markings that seem to match some of the Lines. It is made of a material not quite identifiable and to just put the icing on the cake, “the object has since disappeared from basement sublevel 6b.”
Alright, I am just going to get this out right now. When I first saw Pinstripe (John) I thought he looked a little like that guy from the Terminator Movie (no not Arnie, the other guy). Well, now, my suspicions may not be so far off as it seems there is a transcript from a conversation between Detective Threadgill (who many suspect is Pinstripe) and someone investigating him. Threadgill insists it was not him on the video that they have. It looks like him, but it is not him. See where I am getting this Terminator connection… No? Ok, fine, we’ll just go with a doppelganger from outer space made that video… no? Ok, fine, the video was edited and he was framed… no? Fine, he’s guilty, burn him at the stake….
The week winds down with more teasers regarding the Vegas party and A video from Stella connecting lots of fots. She confirms that John Threadgill is Pinstripe, Karen was her mother, Stella was taken from the car crash when she was two, and John was first responder at the car crash that killed Karen. WhooooWheeee the complex threads of Stella’s life weave weird webs.
tl;dr 30 second rundown
- Monday – The challenge reward is a glimpse of another weapon, this one marked as Minoan, also with odd runes or symbols on it. Stella issues a formal statement to those breaking in, stay out or else and Stella talks about the shadow inside her she must fight.
- Tuesday – Stella catches Greg Jordan and finds he has a paper with odd glyphs on it. She also shares a reminder that it does not always have to be aliens.
- Wednesday – Unknown Stateless Subject Profile – a report about a potential Stateless subject who goes by many aliases including Nori (could this be about Nori Ko?). It spans from 2007 through 2010 and mentions Greg Jordan. And what is the subtle type of combat Stella keeps finding references to?
- Thursday – More details on Stella’s Vegas party. An odd object was found on an archaeological dig and sent to the Smithsonian Museum. Analysis shows it is made from an odd materials and with markings from many, if not all, of the 12 Lines. It has disappeared from the collection and may have been stolen.
- Friday – Stella has installed cameras around her place to thwart midnight visitors. A transcript of a conversation between Detective Threadgill and an investigator. Threadgill insists it is not him in the video taking the bribe and he has been framed.
- Saturday – A video from Stella confirms John Threadgill is Pinstripe, Karen was her mother, Stella was taken from the car crash when she was tw